This past Wednesday and Thursday evenings we had the pleasure of hosting our annual Market Forecast events in Denver and Fort Collins.
Thank you to the 700 people who attended. We appreciate your support!
In case you missed the events, here are some highlights including our forecast for price appreciation in 2019:
- In 2018 Prices went up:
- 8% in Fort Collins
- 8% in Loveland
- 8.5% in Greeley
- 8% in Metro Denver
- Inventory is (finally) showing signs of increasing:
- Up 25% in Northern Colorado
- Up 45% in Metro Denver
- There are distinct differences in months of inventory across different price ranges = opportunity for the move up buyer.
- There are several reasons why we don’t see a housing bubble forming:
- New home starts along the Front Range are roughly 60% of pre-bubble highs 14 years ago.
- Americans have more equity in their homes than ever, $6 Trillion!
- The average FICO score of home buyers is significantly higher than the long-term average.
- The homeownership rate is back to the long-term average.
- Our 2019 Price Appreciation Forecast:
- 6% in Fort Collins
- 6% in Loveland
- 7% in Greeley
- 6% in Metro Denver
If you would like a copy of the presentation, go ahead and reach out to me. I would be happy to put it in your hands.